Thursday 3 July 2014

Juneathon Day 27: Popeye Arms

If you've been reading my journey from the beginning (or even know me as a person) it'll come as a shock to you that today I did 20 push ups! 

You haven't fainted have you?

On the second day of Juneathon I was asked, among other things, to do 50 push ups - I couldn't even manage one. On Day 12 I only managed 5(ish) and yesterday I managed 10 and today 20.

It's a miracle. I am basically Popeye. 

I spent the afternoon (which felt like morning to me) doing... gardening! Not at all as I'd planned my day. It was a fabulous day nonetheless, and my planned exercise was replaced with taming a bush.

That's right, me and my house-mates spent the morning taming our bushes (heh-heh) in the surprisingly beautifully hot weather. The task left all three of us sweaty. The below picture doesn't quite do justice to what we've done:


Basically, that whole wall was covered in bush. With our massive gardening scissors we trimmed the whole thing down using strength we didn't even realise we had. As well as the above picture there were also two rose bushes to the left that were trimmed. 

I didn't quite feel satisfied that I'd done enough though, and as my house-mates are now asleep anything rigorous would be a little tricky. I sat thinking about how strong we were trimming the bushes though and thought, hmm I wonder - can I do more push ups? And I did! 

Tomorrow I have work at 9pm again so will get up and do some exercise tomorrow afternoon (I am staying awake tonight as otherwise my body will be even more confused). 

Just TWO DAYS LEFT! 

Not that I'm excited or anything...




No comments:

Post a Comment