Monday 7 July 2014

Juneathon Days 29 & 30: The End and The Overview

So, it's all over...

Day 29:

I woke up at 15:00 after a late finish at work. I had a few hours before my next shift and quite a few things to do.

I decided for today I'd do:
  • 50Squats
  • 50 Leg Raises
  • 60 Bicycle Crunches
After all that I quickly showered and started getting ready for work...

Day 30: 

THE LAST DAY! 



Although it didn't seem that exciting to begin with... the day started in a pretty awful way - you can read about that HERE

After the bad start I headed to a surprise birthday BBQ for an ex-colleague's 18th. I had so much fun I almost forgot about Juneathon, until Jess brought it up.



She managed to convince our friend, Alex, to run around the field with me for my last Juneathon. However, he was drunk and then also ended up taking another drunk person to get safely home - so we lost him...

He met up with us later at about 11pm though, and after we'd got changed all three of us (Jess, Alex, and I) went for a run.



We started off all jogging together, but Jess kept running out of breath then stopping. I surprised myself by actually having enough breath to have bits of conversation with Alex along the way.

We stopped at one point when I mentioned I can now (sort of) do sit ups and Alex and I did them (again, sort of) on the side of the road. Alex is training for the RAF, so did sort of show me up.



The rest of the way after that I ran then stopped and waited for Jess and Alex who were now walking. Alex was impressed by how well I was doing, as was I!

It was also quite nice that we did it at night, it was cool and there were few people about.

Overview: 

I have lost weight, and I feel better in myself!

I have discovered that it is possible to exercise every day, even when working full time and on nights.

My work trousers aren't as tight any more and I can't tell you how much weight I may have lost, mainly because I don't own scales...

Juneathon has been a great way to force myself to exercise. The fact I have done this for Macmillan has actually made it doable. I would have given up by probably the third day if I didn't have the fundraising incentive.

I may have ached almost every day for a month, but I have raised over £100 and that's something to be proud of.

There's still time to donate: https://www.justgiving.com/Shelby-Juneathon/








No comments:

Post a Comment