Friday 6 June 2014

Juneathon Day 1: A Rocky Start

I woke up at about 7.30 and tried to ignore the fact I was having to start Juneathon at some point in the day. Instead of jumping up out of bed and getting dressed and ready I binge watched the programmes I had missed while away on holiday. 

At about midday I dragged myself out of bed, got dressed and ate some lunch. I left the house at 13.30 on a journey to Capstone Farm Country Park. 

Being back in England I had assumed the sunny sky was an illusion and that an outfit of vest and skinny jeans would be perfectly wrong - how wrong I was. Sweaty and out of breath by the time I'd reached the top of the hill, I was immediately regretting the decision to wear jeans. On top of the heat, the jeans were tighter than usual due to the excess holiday weight sitting on top of the already excess weight I had prior to the holiday.

After a pit-stop at the shops for a bottle of water I trudged on. About ten minutes after leaving the house I had the beginnings of a stitch in my stomach which accompanied me the whole way to Capstone and back (I am so unfit). 

The journey took me through an overgrown woodland path, past a farm, across a country road and up a mud path adjacent to farmers fields. I then walked across two big fields and down a small hill and had reached the park. I had a few pit stops on benches along the way and sat at the park for ten minutes before heading back.

The whole journey was spent uncomfortably in sweaty jeans and tripping over roots, rocks and my own feet. 

By the time I'd got home my jeans were basically stuck to me - what a beautiful start.

Here's a little diagram (I don't have a fancy phone with a fancy app) of my journey (baring in mind this is mostly hills!):



Send in your suggestions of what you'd like to see me do next, and make sure you donate via: http://www.justgiving.com/Shelby-Juneathon

Keep up-to-date via our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beryls-Angels-Fundraising-Group/673164449388441




No comments:

Post a Comment