Wednesday 18 June 2014

Juneathon Days 12 & 13: Aches and Pains

So I'm a little behind (but only on the blogging side)...

Day 12: 

Yesterday I was yet again travelling from Medway to Canterbury, but rather than spending some time doing things that needed to be done around the house I was whisked away from Canterbury East train station and it was all systems go! It was my sister Zoe's boyfriend's birthday and I was roped into helping set up for the celebratory BBQ.

Remember Day Nine's Garden Dash? This is the same sister and same garden, and typically I had yet to do my exercise before heading to Zoe's and typically she roped everyone in to participate in ideas and the exercise.

So at about 11pm on a completely full belly, having had a fry up at a cafe before leaving Medway and having been eating and drinking (albeit slowly) since about 3pm, I completed the following: 20 star jumps, 5ish sit ups, 20 laps of the garden and then 5 squats to finish it all off. 

Originally they'd suggested 10 star jumps but Zoe kept shouting "Do more!", and as they seemed easy I obliged.

The sit ups took about 20 minutes - and yes you read right, I only did 5ish. I say ish because after the struggle of Day Two (not even managing one) I was reluctant to even try and had BBQ guests showing me how 'easy' it is, pfft! It was literally so hard. What made it even harder was the fact I, and most people watching, were laughing.

The laps were okay (besides the common feature in me and exerise - breathlessness), and like the Garden Dash everyone joined in for a lap which was lovely. Well, apart from when a man who'd lapped me happened to collide with me and step on my foot. Happy to report though that foot is okay.

Three of us did the 5 squats to finish it all off together. One of which was my sister who sent me a message today saying "Every time you come to my house I ache the next day!" to which I told her that I currently ache every day.

A very lovely young man named Sam whipped a £10 note out of his pocket and paid me for the entertainment (sponsored me) and I felt more motivated than beforehand!

After my food baby and I had completed all of that I headed home taking advantage of the fact I was warm and not wanting to get too comfortable again. The walk took about 30 minutes and I went straight to sleep, apparently more tipsy than I felt (not sure how that happened...).

Day 13: 

After all of that yesterday I then had to (quite literally) drag myself from my bed this morning to go to work.

Exercise One of the day was walking to work - which was a struggle, not only because I was tired (I struggled to sleep last night), but because I ache (although am starting to get used to it, slightly). Exercise Two was standing on my feet all day and dashing about collecting customer's orders. While at work I discovered an ache in a new place - my left (and only my left) bum cheek - maybe due to squats?

Exercise Three of the day is walking home from work, which always takes a while as being homeward bound is less urgent so I dawdle.

My Main Exercise of the day, or Exercise Four, was dancing. More specifically Jiving. Whenever I manage to have a free evening on a Wednesday I attend Jive Nights, the night involves partner dancing and strolling. My friend Alice insured I was up on the dance floor as much as possible. After a blisteringly good evening (literally, my feet are now sore) my friend Jamie and I completed Exercise Five - walking home from Jive (rather than making use of Alice's car), which took about half an hour.

And so, my exercise for the day is complete. It was definitely a bit of a leg day with all the walking and dancing going on.

A new Juneathon mission of mine is to exercise in the morning, rather than putting it off until the end of the day!

See you tomorrow, wish me luck!

P.S please sponsor me and help me to support the amazing work of Macmillan: https://www.justgiving.com/Shelby-Juneathon/






No comments:

Post a Comment