Friday 13 June 2014

Juneathon Day 8: But I Don't Have A Bike?

What a day...

Something good happened today - the plumber came! The upstairs radiators now turn off when the heating does, which means no more sauna bedroom! While the plumber was still working away I had to head off to my own job.

After walking to work, being on my feet all day, then walking home all I could think about was getting in bed and reading - but then Facebook reminded me there was something important I needed to do first, Juneathon! 

I had written on the Facebook group asking for suggestions before leaving for work, but the one I had received before leaving was to run home from work as seeing as I'd forgotten to bring a spare change of clothes and had fake converse rather than trainers it didn't seem appropriate. When I got snug in bed though I saw a comment on the Facebook page of a different suggestion and that reminded me to get my arse in gear.

Ash Medhurst had suggested that I do bicycle crunches, but my initial thought was 'I don't have a bike', I Googled it though just in case and discovered I didn't need one.

I watched a How-To video on YouTube (twice) and then cleared a space on my warm-but-no-longer-boiling bedroom floor. The first task of the exercise was to lower myself into a lying down position, and even that hurt. I bent my legs, interlocked my fingers behind my head, then lifted my head up and the video instructed and begun riding my imaginary bike. I counted each elbow-to-knee touch as one and set a goal of reaching 50.

After 35 I have to stop for a breather, then again at 45 then at 60 I stopped. I started writing this then thought, 'I can do better than that!' so I got on the floor and did 40 more. Making that a total of 100.

I am now worried I will ache tomorrow at work. Although, I am starting to get used to being constantly achey and in pain!

With each day this challenge gets harder and harder, but you can make it easier for me by sponsoring me for my efforts. Each donation will make me happier, thus making the challenge easier and easier. Cheer me on: http://www.justgiving.com/Shelby-Juneathon

No comments:

Post a Comment