Sunday 8 June 2014

Juneathon Day 3: Hangover and Muscle Ache

Originally the exercise for today was going to begin at 9am (eager), but due to what felt like only a few vodka lemonade and lime's I overslept the optimistic alarm I had set the night before. 

With all of the exercise I did yesterday - not just the 50 X sit ups, leg raises and squats, but also dancing with children during party games and on dance mats and carrying tables (at the place I no longer work) and then also dancing until 1am in heels, I can safely say I woke up aching. In fact I am going to bed feeling pretty much the same!

Not only was I met by an aching belly as I attempted to rise from bed this morning, but also a pounding head ache (I swear I wasn't even drunk last night!). I decided that the best thing to do was to lay in bed clutching my temples and binge-watching the new series of Orange is the New Black.

I got up at some point in the afternoon after numerous Facebook status' about the beautiful hot weather coaxed me out of bed, into the kitchen to make lunch and grab paracetamol and then to the decking in the garden for some reading. The fresh air did me good, but soon Netflix was calling my name and I headed back to bed where I remained until my mum came home from work at 5ish telling me to get ready for the evening at my brother's house.

The evening was lovely. It still seems so foreign to me when I notice how grown up my brother is, him and his fiancé cooked us dinner in their new home, and before I had my turn using their shower (my mum and step-dad are currently fitting a new bathroom suite) it was Juneathon time.

Today's exercise was yet again chosen by Jon, my brother, and this time I was subjected to X Box Fitness, a free programme on the latest console. It was basically a work-out DVD, but uniquely the X Box camera films you as you workout and shows your progress on screen. The camera has a sensor in it which can detect how hard you're working - so at any sign of slacking, not only was I told off by the X Box, but also by my brother who was keeping an eye on the stats, and laughing at me.

He set the programme up for me to do a 10 minute kick-boxing cardio workout. Straight-away I discovered that coordination isn't a strong suit of mine. Yet another thing I had never done: a workout DVD. I found it such a struggle to keep up with the woman, and actually try to imitate her. Despite his laughing it was actually quite useful having Jon there as he provided extra guidance when I was struggling.

Although Jon kept moaning I wasn't working hard enough when the 10 minutes were up I flopped on his sofa in a sweaty mess. I'll paraphrase what I said yesterday: how fit does my brother think I am? 

Please sponsor me: http://www.justgiving.com/Shelby-Juneathon



No comments:

Post a Comment