Tuesday 10 June 2014

Juneathon Day 5: A Step Up

And breathe...

What a day! My first one back at work post-holiday and probably the sweatiest and out-of-breathest yet. 

I annoyingly awoke before my alarm had even asked me to and pottered about on the internet until I had to get dressed and ready to leave. Luckily I have a knight in shining armour in the form of my best friend, Alice, who sent me a "You can do it" themed text this morning and then drove me to work! I love her.

Another plus was that the shift was only a 5 hour one, phew. After getting out at 2pm I did some much needed food shopping and walked home - which is basically the only exercise my body is actually used to (if only I could claim this as my Juneathon for the day, but alas that wont bring the sponsors in!).

Naturally the enthusiasm I had planned to have for unpacking and tidying had disappeared on arrival home and Orange is the New Black was much more appealing (even despite the beautiful weather). I asked Facebook what I should do today and Hayley Stock ever so kindly suggested I should go "Up and down the stairs 50 times by the end of the day" - and I thought we were friends? 

While at work today I was aching pretty much everywhere, especially in my rear (those Burpess have a painful after affect). Despite this though, I decided to defeat the stairs, and all in one go. Although I had probably walked up and down them ten times already and undoubtedly would again as my bedroom is upstairs, I decided to do 50 all in one go as otherwise I felt like it would be cheating.

At about 5 I heard my house-mate leave and I eagerly jumped up and began to get ready, but then I heard the door go and another house-mate had returned (5 bedroom house, currently four of us living here). I decided to just do it anyway and it kind of helped having a witness.

I took a short breather after twenty, then thirty, forty and forty five (it got harder!) then smashed the last five and ran back down and straight to the kitchen for some water.

I have 14 steps on my staircase, and they've now been conquered! I even ran most of the time, and only had to clutch hold of the handrail a few times...

Here's a well-earned staircase selfie, enjoy: 
Luckily I have a day off tomorrow (from work, not Juneathon boo!) but I will more than likely spend most of it in pain (thanks Hayley!) and maybe, just maybe, I'll get some unpacking done! See ya...

P.S pleeeeassseeee sponsor me herehttp://www.justgiving.com/Shelby-Juneathon


No comments:

Post a Comment