Thursday 12 June 2014

Juneathon Day 7: A Down Day

Today was not a good day...

I woke up hot and sweaty again and have now contacted my landlord as I think there's something wrong with my radiator (happy days), and then realised I have finished all of series two Orange is the New Black which has left me feeling empty, but I did manage to sort of clear off my desk and organise a little!

I spent most of the day feeling sorry for myself and looking for jobs online to no avail, and feeling really down. I forced myself to sit in the sun and make the most of my day off in an attempt to cheer myself up but basically ended up crying while eating an ice lolly.

Perhaps I should do 100 Happy Days again, that made me feel great it even made me decide there was no such thing as a bad day - which I definitely need to remind myself of today so... Pros of today: it was sunny, spoke to my mum who cheered me up, found a Budweiser in the fridge (major win) and ordered Chinese takeaway with my housemate, Emily. . . That's better.

I read somewhere that exercise is supposed to release the same endorphins as chocolate, but I have yet to feel any evidence of this... especially today when I need those endorphins, or just chocolate, most.

While waiting for the Chinese to arrive I decided to do some exercise. I had very little enthusiasm today for anything, let alone Juneathon - but somehow I managed it. Today I did 70 sit ups, 60 leg raises and a very poor 30 second plank. I did the sit ups and leg raises with short breathers throughout, but the leg raises required more breaks and kept making my thigh bones click! The plank was difficult as it made me whole body shake - why does it have to cause pain to do good, can't it just feel good!

The exercise was all washed down with the refreshingly cold Bud and will soon be followed by a Chinese (basically undoing all the work). Damn.

Please please please take a moment to sponsor me - anything amount will make me happy and help Macmillan continue their great work: http://www.justgiving.com/Shelby-Juneathon




No comments:

Post a Comment