Monday 23 June 2014

Juneathon Day 18: Spontaneous Combustion

I hurt... everywhere. 

I finished work at about 17:40 and my feet were aching from standing up all day. I then did a quick shop and walked home, which caused my neck and shoulders to ache from the weight of the heavy bags. Then, despite all of that, I got home got changed and went for a run. 

I left my house at 19:00 armed with an iPod, bottle of water, and my house keys (so thankful I didn't forget those). This is the route I took: 


Kent Ave and Warwick Rd are uphill, so I didn't enjoy those - but St Martin's Hill was a downhill run, which was good! Along Littlebouarne before I'd hit the downward slops I felt like I was running and going nowhere.

At one point my face was so red hot, and I was so breathless and had such a mega fast heart-rate that I feared I was going to spontaneously combust - especially since (according to the BBC it was 21 degrees out there, proof:



But, I made it home and I wasn't as self conscious as I thought I'd be about people watching me run and I actually felt a great sense of achievement when I walked back through my front door, if not a little disgusted at how I look, I mean - look at the state I'm in:
(the above picture barely does justice to the grossness of my appearance). 

I am now going to go and eat dinner before I do pass out (I was even shaking when I started typing this post!). Come back tomorrow to see how my next post-work adventure goes, my friend Jamie and I are planning to walk to Whitstable from Canterbury

Byeeee. 

P.S that's gotta be worth some sponsorship, right? If you're feeling lovely click this link: https://www.justgiving.com/Shelby-Juneathon/



No comments:

Post a Comment