Thursday 19 June 2014

Juneathon Day 14: Got Dat Power

Going to sleep how I woke up - sweaty...

My bedroom was back to a sauna state this morning and while I didn't exercise in the AM as I had said in yesterday's post that I'd planned to I did get a lot done.

Today I tidied my bedroom (it was a state), and areas of the rest of the house too. By the time I'd finished I had missed lunch and was ready for dinner - luckily I wasn't having to cook as my future house-mate Mel made me dinner.

My hungry belly urged me to power walk to her house which is about ten minutes away. She made me a beautiful Bolognese and we watched a film.

I was hoping to complete my Juneathon on the way home, by running rather than walking, but I wasn't really dressed for the occasion. I did power walk my way home though (motivated by a need to wee).

But a twenty (if that) minute walk wasn't enough to qualify as my Juneathon for the day, so for some reason I thought that doing 100 squats would be a good thing to do.

I am not sure I have ever done more than maybe 30 in one go. I took off my shoes and jumper and put on some music and began. Unusually today I started off slow and got faster (it's normally the opposite). I think the speed had something to do with the fact I could see my bed and was wanting nothing more than to climb into it - it's where I am now as I write this.

Tomorrow I am aiming to go for a morning run, which should be interesting considering how hard I found running last time. I am determined to do better though and have found an admiration for runners everywhere because I now know it isn't as easy as it looks! Plus, if I do it in the morning I'll then have time for the million other things I have to do tomorrow!

See you then...

No comments:

Post a Comment