Monday 9 June 2014

Juneathon Day 4: Finding Motivation

I am writing this blog post as I catch my breath and sweat runs down my forehead (attractive imagery, right?). 

I haven't had a very productive day. It has mostly been spent milling about, packing, travelling back to Canterbury, starting to unpack and procrastinating by watching more Orange is the New Black (I have an addiction).

Yesterday, as I am sure you've read, my Juneathon exercise was a kick-boxing cardio workout, and while at the time I felt okay (albeit slightly out-of-breath and sweaty) today I certainly felt it. Again, my abs (it feels weird calling my flabby belly this) ached and while carrying my suitcase down the steps onto the platform at Chatham train station my legs felt as if they'd been replaced by jelly.

I returned to a room hotter than the one I has stayed in at the hotel in Majorca. It had been locked since I left on the 27th May with the windows closed. My lovely bedroom was now a sauna - I struggle to breath in saunas. Being already hot and sweaty it was a struggle to find the motivation to convince myself to exercise - but I found it, on my JustGiving page!

I received my second donation today! It reiterated to me the phrase "No pain no gain". All this pain is worth it when I receive a donation, thank you.

So I looked at the list of suggestions and chose one suitable to my environment, i.e my sauna bedroom (I wasn't going to risk my house-mate walking into the lounge and seeing me in all my sweaty-exercising glory). I chose to do a Burpee (thanks for the suggestion Tanya Louise Alice Harris) - whatever that is...

After searching and watching a How-To video on YouTube I was ready(ish). I cleared my half unpacked suitcase out of the way, put on my Workout Playlist on Spotify and began.

My house-mate may not have been able to see what I was doing, but from the sound of me banging about I can only wonder what he thought was going on! As seems to be a running theme, the Burpees started off okay and I cockily thought 'This is okay actually', then the breathlessness joined me and the sweatiness multiplied.

Tanya didn't suggest an amount so I aimed for 50. I fought past the breathlessness, facing my mirror and staring myself down as I completed the task.

Undoubtedly I now look stunning, see: 

Note the shiny-sweaty face? Mmm. Please give me more motivation and donate here: http://www.justgiving.com/Shelby-Juneathon

See you tomorrow...





No comments:

Post a Comment