Sunday 22 June 2014

Juneathon Day 17: Falling Apart

Does anything ever go to plan, like, ever? 

Yet again I'd planned to get up and go for a morning run, getting Juneathon out of the way early in the day so I wouldn't have to worry later on. Especially since I was supposed to be working from 2pm - 11pm.

However, I got a phone call at 10am (as I had just finally managed to drag myself from my bed to get changed and ready) asking me to come in early. So instead of putting on jogging clothes I had to put on a uniform.

I ended up working from 11.30am - 8.30pm. Really my job which could be classed as exercise in itself - running about, carrying heavy things, mopping and sweeping etc. Unfortunately though, you lot won't sponsor me to go to work! 

I decided I'd get home, get changed and go for a jog/run. However, I am starting to learn I should not plan anything...

Instead I helped my future house-mate pre-move some boxes from her current house to mine, her future house. The walk normally takes 10 minutes, but with three girls carrying heavy and awkward boxes it took so much longer. So, that's my arm workout for the day! 

By the time we'd done all that I'd already sat down and had lost the energy to leave the house, let alone run anywhere. Instead I did 55 bicycle crunches before bed. Tomorrow I will DEFINITELY go for a jog/run after work (I finish at about 5.30).

Something I have discovered through Juneathon is that exercise makes my bones click a lot more than usual. I am not sure if this is a normal state of affairs, but I am just going to presume that exercise is bad and is making me fall apart, literally. 

See you tomorrow, when I may be in pieces... 


No comments:

Post a Comment