Thursday 26 June 2014

Juneathon Day 20 & 21: A Real Struggle

It has been a struggle the last two days...

Day 20:

Yesterday was a struggle, firstly to walk in the morning as I had walked way over 10 miles the previous evening but mainly because I nearly forgot about Juneathon altogether.

I went to visit a friend and stay the night. Early in the evening I had said I will do Juneathon before bed - said friend, Alice, is a dance teacher and very fitness savvy so I figured she'd put me through a rigorous workout.

However, after we'd eaten out we went back to hers and both got comfy and started watching a girly film and it wasn't until about halfway through that I remembered - I hadn't done any exercise yet (besides running to catch the bus, but I doubted that would count).

So we paused the film and as I had a belly ache we decided the best form of exercise would be to focus on my arms. I did a similar exercise to the day I used two Oasis bottles, except this time I did one arm at a time because the weight I was using was much heavier and more difficult to grasp - the most suitable thing we could find in her bedroom - an unopened bottle of Amaretto.

While she timed me I did the reps on one arm at a time. Amaretto proved to be much more of a struggle than Oasis bottles filled with water. My arms began resisting almost immediately. I manage about half the time in total as I had the previous time, but the weight used was much heavier.

Day 21: 

Today began very sleepily. We hadn't had much sleep as I was awoken by Alice looking out of the window while on the phone. Even though it was dark outside I sleepily assumed it was morning. I swiftly discovered it was not when I realised why Alice was on the phone - she was calling the fire brigade. A pub garden a few houses down was ablaze. She then also called the own of the pub after Googling their number and woke them and alerted them to the situation.

After all of that we still couldn't go to sleep straight away as we watched from the window to be sure the situation didn't worsen - as it happens, it was all okay.

On top of all of that I still had a belly ache this morning and when I finally arrived home I hadn't much energy to do anything.

After spending a while laying down and trying to get over the pain, I decided the best thing to do would be to get up and do the exercise as the quicker I did the quicker I could spend the rest of the day chilling out and not feeling guilty about it.

As I was about to get ready to do this my housemate, Emily, came home and said she was going to ASDA. I needed to get some bits so then went with her. I was then going to go upstairs and do a workout, I'd even found a video on YouTube to use, but as I was getting ready I received a phone call inviting me to an interview, an hour and a half from the time of the phone call.

I then had to put exercise on hold again and had to quickly get ready. After the interview a friend had visited and my rearranged plan was to workout after he'd left, but while he was there I received a phone call which made me have to make an unexpected visit home for unforeseen circumstances. 

In the drama of the evening I ended up doing exercise before bed again! At this point everyone in the house was asleep - earlier in the evening my step-dad suggested I do 50 star jumps, so I did that plus 50 bicycle crunches. 

Tomorrow I will try to begin and end the day with a workout video to make up for the two-day poor effort.

There's not long of Juneaton left now, so please if you have or have not thought to do it yet think and act now, click the following link and sponsor me! You are all the motivation I need: https://www.justgiving.com/Shelby-Juneathon/

No comments:

Post a Comment