Sunday 29 June 2014

Juneathon Day 23 & 24: Finding Time

One of the struggles I've had with Juneathon is finding time...

Day 23: 

Yesterday I woke up with more pain from the previous days workout video, as the instructor had promised. Instead of just a bit of pain in my lower back the whole thing hurt.

I'd planned to exercise when I'd gotten back to Canterbury before I had to get ready for work. That is what I did, but not as rigorous as planned. I only got back to my house at half 9 and needed to leave the house an hour later to get to work.

After making my bed and unpacking I had about 15 mins to do some exercise. I quickly settled on 100 squats. I was exhausted afterwards (well, I'd even been yawning beforehand) and immediately had to have the quickest shower of my life and get ready for work, completely unsure of how I was going to survive the night, and hoping I wouldn't ache too much during the shift!

Day 24: 

I left work just after 7am this morning and was in my bed at 8am. After around 5 hours sleep I awoke in a zombified state and headed for the kitchen for breakfast - it may have been after midday, but it was my morning.

When I had gathered some energy I dragged myself from my bed and headed to my sister's house to borrow her washing machine (ours is broken). We ended up watching the film Stepmom while I waited for the load to be done, and after it had finished her lovely boyfriend, Pete, drove me home as it was raining. It was then gone 7pm.

All I wanted to do, especially due to the weather, was spend the day/night (feels like daytime) snuggled on the sofa watching films. I couldn't get too comfy though, otherwise I'd never get to work!

I was putting off my exercise, anticipating an estranged housemate returning to get her belongings, but seeing as she is currently two hours late I gave up waiting and got to it. I found another 10 minute workout video on YouTube and gave it a go.

I used THIS video.

One thing I cannot understand after doing this, is how these women don't even look sweaty or out of breath! And they're so coordinated!

I struggled to remember to breath, to keep up with them, and not to trip over myself.

The hardest exercise in this workout was the plié jump. It hurt. I struggled. The rest didn't as hurt much, but I struggled to keep up.

Working until 7am again and start at 9pm tomorrow, hoping to find more time to exercise somewhere inbetween.

See ya...

No comments:

Post a Comment